Saturday, August 13, 2011

Doodle n Guess

One of Wesley's favorite games right now involves his erasable doodler. Though he frequently draws on it himself, a game he really enjoys is a game I call Doodle-n-Guess.

To play the game, I draw a picture of something with which Wes is familiar. Typically, an animal. Then I show it to him and say, "Do you know what this is?"


He studies it, then one of two things happens. Often, he makes the corresponding animal noise and is delighted with his recognition ability.

Or, he looks at it with concentration and then looks to me for help. If the latter happens, I tell him what the drawing is supposed to be. He then lights up in recognition and starts smiling or laughing or pointing to the object (or stuffed animal or photo) somewhere in the room. Either way, it is a lot of fun involving plenty of silliness and laughter.

I like the doodler because it enables drawing with more relaxed supervision. We don't have to worry about crayon eating or coloring on the carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment